If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.

Typically, both parents must be present in order to issue a passport to a child under age 16. Often this is not possible. If both parents are not able to be present, this form will be required when applying for the minorís passport. This is either an authorization from the absent parent for issuance, or a statement by the applying parent as to why the consent is unable to be obtained. If you are using this form, be prepared to bring any legal documents to support the application   (DS-3053)

Many countries (notably Mexico) will require both parents to travel with a child. For single parents this is not usually possible. When your child is traveling with grandparents, or with another family, they may be at risk of being denied entrance to a foreign country.  This form has been reviewed by our attorneys and has been accepted worldwide without incident. The form gives permission from the non-traveling parent for the travel, authorizes a very limited medical power of attorney, outlines the itinerary, and includes emergency contact information. It is recommended that this form be notarized and the ORIGINAL be carried with your travel documents. To be safe, we also recommend several photocopies of the form be packed in your suitcase.


It is important to remember that a Mobile Notary is not licensed to practice law, prepare documents or provide any legal counsel. The primary role of a Mobile Notary is to act an impartial witness to the signing of documents and legal forms.
  Site Map